1) Warm Up: Given the hypotenuse, find leg lengths that will work. This is to prepare students for creating a bulletin board based on the Pythagorean Tree Fractal
This is the first day of what will likely be a 3 day performance task that takes kids from using the Pythagorean theorem to find the hypotenuse to discovering the distance formula (day 2 and 3).
Student work from today:
Friday 12/5 : Discovery Ed, Test 2
Thursday 12/4: Quiz, Pythagorean Theorem
1) WWK: Pythagorean Triple
2) ISN - include official Pythagorean Theorem and it's converse on pages 24-25 (see picture from student interactive notebook to the left.)
3) Visit Learning Targets that connect to Distance Formula
4) PT - Acting Out
5) Assignment: Quiz review
1) Warm-up: Half page, self checking puzzle "Why did the cow dislike the farmer?" - finding the hypotenuse
2) Visit Learning Targets for Pythagorean Theorem
3) PT: Pythagorean Triples, see student work below
4) Assignment: Roots and Powers handout
1) Warm-up - flash back to the recent past with square roots and cube roots:
2. ISN update - pages 24-25, Pythagorean Theorem, with Pythagorean Square Proof, Foldable Notes, a little Pythagoras and a quote.
3) Assignment: page 134, problems 1-8
Note: Bring this lesson back to Pythagorean Tree... Could you have used the Pythagorean Theorem to help find the answer to your team's question?
Leaving a Trail: