1) Grade last Tuesday's homework assignment, back side of volume handout. (Note, students had trouble with the triangular prism.)
2) Finding a good work partner. So far, all work for the city planning project has been done individually. So many of my students are so independent and/or introverts, I decided to have them work in teams of two. This not only allows for checks in correct answers, but also will help them learn to collaborate (especially since many of them have already planned their city blueprint).
3) Students work with their project partner to build a net into a 3-D shape and find the volume of each. The shapes they are working on mirror the project:
- Square Pyramid (students will need to use Pythagorean Theorem to find height)
- Cone (students will need to use Pythagorean Theorem to find height)
- Rectangular Prism
4) Assignment: page 272, 1-11