1) W.U. Find four equivalent expressions, representing each property of exponents to the number 1/36
2) Students given time for reflection and recording thoughts for last 5 learning targets.
3) Give one, get one for last five learning targets
4) Assignment: Find four equivalent expressions for the number 1/81.
Students taking advantage of Give One, Get One:
Each student team presented the results from the million dollar performance task.
Excerpt from one presentation:
Guest teacher day 2, Students completed PT:
Would you rather be given 3 million dollars, or 1 penny that is doubled daily for 30 days?
Guest teacher day 1,
1) Students took a quiz covering Unit 1, part 1 that covered Irrational vs. Rational numbers, basic properties of exponents and evaluating expressions.
2) When done with quiz, students worked in teams to find 4 equivalent expressions for several numbers. The 4 equivalent expressions needed to represent each of the 4 properties of exponents we have studied.