1) WWK: Unit Price, Independent Variable, Dependent Variable
- Review where we left off on Friday
- Ask what you still need to know - both classes responded with "size of individual wrapper."
- Pass out one starburst per student. They measured and found the answer to how many needed for 3 meter by 1 meter piece of fabric
- Students presented to the class - discussion followed about 1) is there supporting evidence for each answer? 2) does each answer have to be exactly the same? Why? Why not? 3) Is supporting evidence sequential, logical and reasonable? What kind of M-Step score would this receive?
- Extension: I used this PT to have students identify the unit rate, independent variable, dependent variable and function rule. See photo below.
3) Students completed the first page of the By the Book task.
- We read the first section together.
- Small groups decided on dependent and independent variables and reported to class
4) Assignment: complete questions 2 - 4
M-Step Practice: Cereal Box
Quiz - Function Unit
Started Starburst Dress PT
- 3-Act Task, we were able to complete Act 1, And all of Act 2, except for doing calculations.
- See photos below for direction I took the classes during the 3 Act discussions: