The task kicking off the Systems of Equations Unit is a 3-Act task called "Playing Catch-Up." A link to the task is here http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/playingcatchup/
Notes for this task:
- Not all students will have prior knowledge about the 40 yd dash in football.
- Good task for one class period.
- You will be asked to watch the video many, many, many times
Overheard during this task:
- From one team member to another "But, we have to have proof."
- "Would the half speed be divided by two, or times two?"
- "How can we use a graphing calculator to put in an equation and get a table of values?"