2) Intro to new PT, each group given one sheet of 8.5x11" paper and asked how many times they can fold it in half.
3) PT- Folding Paper, a task that explores exponential models
- little to know direct instruction prior, with the exception of explaining "gallon guy"
- both classes discovered patterns of repeated multiplication and had "lightbulbs" go off about using exponents to shorten the process.
- first hour independently "discovered" an exponent of zero results in one, and second hour was lead to it
- first hour started realizing that negative exponents also work duirng number 3, second hour had run out of time
4) Homework: complete number 3 (2nd hour only) and for all - find an example of exponential modeling in your life/real world, etc.