- "It has to start at zero, there's no such thing as negative one boxes."
- "Would the number of boxes be the independent variable since that controls the total area?"
- From one student to her team: "What is an outlier?" Answer from teammate: "It's just a point that doesn't fit in with the rest."
1) Tests returned
2) Folder clean out
3) PT: Winter is Over
- Very do-able in one class period, but students will present on Monday
- Using uni-link blocks to represent the boxes allowed for finding surface areas and volumes to go quickly since students could count each side as one.
- I introduced the vocabulary word "Bivariate Data" prior to the lesson and the word "Outlier" during the lesson, once students started discussing it.
Thursday: Test over unit 5