- Student responses centered around using exponents to find a rule as opposed to using an exponent to simplify repeated multiplication.
- For both classes, I planted the idea of using exponents to describe something getting smaller (intro to decay)
2) Go over homework answers 1-19 in small groups followed by my explanation for lingering questions
3) Three Act Task: Cubes
- Kids were completely mystified by the video and somewhat annoyed. : )
- It's important to have models for kids to use when learning to draw isometric shapes
- We stopped after Act 2 and will complete this task tomorrow
- Video for Act 1 Here
4) Assignment: We did several together from the bottom of yesterday's exponent handout to review substitution then for homework, students complete Odds Only on the side called "Substitution."