Quotes overheard during today's lesson:
- While studying a linear graph: "It would be the same ratio. As you go up, it keeps going over the same amount."
- Also while studying a linear graph: "Hmm....this seems like a function." : )
1) WWK: Slope - a value used to describe the steepness of a line, rise/run
2) Homework review in small groups and reported to the class.
3) Students worked in small groups to complete the last page, comparing two graphs.
Wednesday, February 11
1) WWK: Unit Rate, Independent Variable, Dependent Variable (see photo for definitions used).
2) Each student received a copy of the PT: "By the Book." A student read the directions aloud to the class, followed by a discussion of the meaning of the following words from the text: manuscript, publishing house, copy editor.
3) Students worked individually to answer the first questions of defining the independent, dependent variables, followed by checking in their groups and class discussion.
4) The class progressed through the handout, first individually, then in groups, then class discussion. Students required some help in developing the scale for both graphs. However, more and more students are doing this independently.
5) Assignment: Complete questions 9 - 12 and have them ready at the beginning of class tomorrow.